We want to understand your present situation
You and your family are going through a big transition. Everybody handles change differently, and we’re sensitive to your individual needs. When it comes to families, there can be differences of opinion (and personal styles), and we’re always mindful of that.
The first thing we’ll do when you reach out to us for help is get to know you. We want to provide you with the best service possible, so it’s critical for us to understand your own personal situation, your loved ones’ situation, and how it all impacts you on a day-to-day basis.
Some of the scenarios we encounter are:
- You and other family members live in different parts of the country, while one (or two) parent’s are still in the house you grew up in. Everybody’s got a busy life, as it is, and taking time out to fly home to take care of business isn’t easy for anyone. You’ve got a million different details to work out. And the house is a big one.
- Mom or Dad (or both of them) need to move, but the logistics are daunting. They have to get to assisted living — or at least a one-story house — but their current home is in pretty rough shape. They haven’t had the time to take care of it over the years, and who knows what’s in there, anyway? Who’s going to buy that house in that condition?
- You’re going through a divorce, and you need to sell a shared house. It’s a difficult change, but it’s got to get done. But with everything else going on, getting the house repaired and cleaned and ready to stage for realtor showings is a real pain in the neck. Who has the time to deal with showings, when everybody wants to come by at the worst time?
None of this is easy. Change is hard.
We keep that in mind. Always.
We also want to get to know your personal style.
Some of our clients are comfortable discussing money, the house, their parents’ health, and all the logistics that go along with it. But those details can be sensitive, and not everybody feels that way.
We know what it’s like. We’ve been there, too. And understanding how you like to work (fast, with quick wins… or more mindful and deliberate) will help us serve you better.
What are your goals?
What are your goals? What’s your timeline? What are you hoping to achieve from selling?
- Are you helping an aging parent who needs to relocate, and you want to get them moved quickly?
- Have you inherited a property you can’t manage or don’t want? Do you just want to get rid of it?
- Who else is involved in the decision-making? Is there anyone who might have a different objective in mind?
- Where do you live? Are you near the house? Are you in the area on a semi-regular basis?
- Are you short on time? Do you want to save time, or do you have plenty of leeway to take care of things?
- Do you have anyone to help you manage the property? Do you want someone to help you?
Knowing all of this will help us serve you more effectively, so we’ll spend a little time getting to know you, before we dive in.