Just as every person is different, every property is, too.
You might need help selling a family home that’s been lovingly cared for and meticulously maintained.
Or you might need to sell a house that’s been in a gradual state of neglect for years. Minor repairs have added up, over time. And you don’t even know what all could be wrong with it.
Or, we sometimes see children of long-time landlords inheriting property that’s in pretty decent shape, but they can’t manage from where they are.
To determine how we can help you, we’ll need to get some basic details from you:
- Where is it located?
- What’s the neighborhood like?
- What kind of condition is the property in?
- Is there a mortgage that still needs to be paid off?
- Are there any code violations or other liens against it?
- Is someone living in the house?
- Is it vacant? Has it been vacant for a while? Are the utilities still turned on?
We’ll chat for a little bit and gather those details (and more).
Then we’ll set up a time to meet at the house to take a closer look.
You might know a lot about the house, or you might not. If you’ve been living elsewhere for years, there coudl be some surprises. In any case, we need to look around to get all the details we need to make you the best offer possible.
We’ll schedule a time works for everyone. If you can’t be there in person, you can have a friend or family member join us. At our meeting:
- We’ll discuss your situation in a little more depth, to get a sense of what you’d like to do with the house.
- We’ll take a tour, so we can take some pictures and estimate repairs.
- We’ll discuss what we see and dig a little deeper, if questions come up. (Depending on the property, we may have one of our contractor partners with us, so we can speed up the process and get the most accurate info possible.)
- If the house is still furnished and has belongings in it, we’ll talk about what you want to do with the house contents.
- We can arrange to have the contents of the house sorted out.
- We can tag items in the house for certain friends and family members.
- We’ll note the items you’re fine with leaving behind.
- We’ll figure out what to do with everything else.
- We can arrange for an estate sale (you’ll receive proceeds from the sale, less our expenses).
- Need a total cleanout? We can coordinate that, too.
- Even if you decide to list the house, instead of selling quickly with us, we can help you get everything in order, so the house is realtor-ready.
Our walk-through will give us a chance to really get to know what we’re all looking at, and what our best next steps are. And we’ll document all this carefully, so you we’re all on the same page in terms of what we’re discussing.
Depending on the information we get, we may be able to make you an offer on the spot. We can’t guarantee it, but it’s been known to happen.
Bottom line, we need to get eyes on the property before we can make any promises.